10.01.2008

TV On The Radio :: "Dancing Choose" [Live on Letterman]

TV On The Radio's new record, Dear Science, is an absolute monster. And that's coming directly from the mouth of someone who both knows the band's career (bought their first EP), and didn't particularly like it (didn't particularly like ...Cookie Mountain).

Not the best song but maybe the most satisfying is "Dancing Choose." Ignore the easy wordplay and get to the fact that last Friday they played it on Letterman and sounded as big and bad as they do on recording. If you can't get up on lyrics like "now I ain't a mad man/but that's insanity" and "I guess you had. to. be. there," then I'm not sure you have a pulse. Watch the crowd go from, "who the hell is this band?" to "I'm losing my mind" in three-minutes flat.

No comments: