12.17.2010

Beach House :: "I Do Not Care For The Winter Sun"

On Monday, the first installment of our Top 50 Songs of 2010 will run, and this song won't be on it. But leave it to Beach House, a band that certainly will be, to sneak one more song into the last days of a year they so singularly dominated. The band's latest offering, dubbed "I Do Not Care For The Winter Sun" sounds like the title of a Robert Frost and Doctor Seuss mash-up. The sonics are the same distant, wistful pop that peppered Teen Dream, only there is a hint of sleigh bells at the edge of the mix. Victoria Legrand haunts the snowscape with her low-end drone, a Christmas for people with a hole in the chest.

Listen :: Beach House - "I Do Not Care For The Winter Sun"

1 comment:

Larissa said...

As a rule, I hate holiday songs. This song is the exception to my rule: http://mrshuffleupagus.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-do-not-care-for-holiday-songs-beach.html