5.27.2009

Cloud Cult :: "Take Your Medicine"

I am frequently suspicious of statements that are prescriptive and imperative. They generally bring up my latent problems with authority and I resist them out of principle, regardless of content. Don't tell me what to do. It gets my blood up. So Cloud Cult's "Take Your Medicine" didn't have a chance when I rejected its title on ideological grounds.

But that was before I soaked the richness of the arrangement. The peeling chimes, the intimate acoustic guitar, the group vocals - it all makes "Take Your Medicine" fantastically lush. Consider the song grinds to a halt at the 1.28 mark, the chimes run down the side of everything before the layers kick back in. This happens again at the 3.30 mark before "Take Your Medicine" whirls into something else. This is liquid.

Listen :: Cloud Cult - "Take Your Medicine"

2 comments:

John Musick said...

You nailed it! This song is transportive.

I tip my hat to your precise and lovely review.

John Musick said...

You nailed it! This song is transportive.

I tip my hat to your precise and lovely review.