7.29.2009

Miles Fisher :: "This Must Be The Place" [Video]

Things we know: Miles Fisher looks astonishingly like Tom Cruise. For the purposes of this video, he's transformed twice: once into Christian Bale and then once into Patrick Bateman. The song is David Byrne's "This Must Be The Place," though a more obviously layered version; the vocal loops end up being the back-bone of the arrangement. The concept is a cheeky take on Bale's American Psycho. In a complex and not-complex way, this is one of the best things I've seen in a while - the commitment, the attention to detail, and the (yep) execution are outstanding. You can go get Fisher's whole EP for free which includes the cover at MilesFisher.com.

Miles Fisher - This Must Be The Place (Cover) from Miles Fisher on Vimeo.


There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

No comments: